Twitch Prime has been around for several years; but what exactly is it and how does it benefit anyone?
It’s a question asked by gamers of all levels.
Well, if you also have this question, this Twitch Prime guide will tell you everything you need to know!
Let’s begin with Amazon Prime.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Amazon Prime and how is it related to Twitch Prime?
- 2 What is Twitch Prime?
- 3 Is Twitch Prime replacing Turbo?
- 4 How to sign up for Amazon Prime?
- 5 How to connect your Twitch account to Amazon?
- 6 How to claim your free Twitch subscription?
- 7 How to switch from paid to free subscription?
- 8 How to renew your free Twitch subscription?
- 9 How to cancel your free Twitch subscription?
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service provided by Amazon that gives its members access to the company’s extensive library of movies, TV shows, songs, books in their Prime Video, Prime Music, and Prime Reading programs.
In addition to streaming media, subscribers also gain unlimited cloud storage, fast shipping on millions of items on Amazon, limited access to Audible, and a Twitch Prime membership (Amazon is the parent company of Twitch).
In short, Amazon Prime is the umbrella under which all the company’s other Prime programs run.
What is Twitch Prime?
In a nutshell, Twitch Prime is a part of Amazon Prime in the same way Amazon Prime Video is.
As a Twitch Prime member, you will get free video games as well as free in-game loot and items every month. One of the examples of these items is instant access to the newest heroes. You also receive discounts on new-release box video games sold by Amazon during the pre-order period and for the first two weeks after its launch.
Moreover, on Twitch, you get an ad-free viewing experience, exclusive emoticons & chat badges and one free channel subscription every 30 days. One of the latest perks is that Twitch Prime members get up to one year of Nintendo Switch Online.
Is Twitch Prime replacing Turbo?
In regions where Twitch Prime is available, Twitch is no longer taking new Turbo subscriptions and instead rolling all its benefits into Twitch Prime. These benefits include ad-free viewing, exclusive emoticons (the ones you get with Turbo, plus new ones), Twitch Prime crown chat badge, and 60 days of video storage for past broadcasts.
All Turbo benefits are included in Twitch Prime so you may want to consider canceling Turbo if you are currently subscribed to both services. However, if you prefer to keep your Turbo subscription, you can.
If you are looking for another service to increase your reach even further and grow your Twitch channel, TwitchFollowers.com can help!
How to sign up for Amazon Prime?
To sign up for Amazon Prime, follow the steps below:
- Create or log into your account on Amazon.
- Navigate to the Amazon Prime page and click on the yellow button that says “Start your 30-day Prime free trial”.
- Confirm that you want to start your one-month free trial. After this time period has ends, your chosen payment method will be charged a monthly fee.
You can also sign up for Amazon Prime from the Twitch Prime page on Twitch website. This page will also offer a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime and will direct you to sign up. Follow the same steps as described above.
How to connect your Twitch account to Amazon?
Once you become an Amazon Prime member, all you need to do is link your Twitch and Amazon accounts to unlock Twitch Prime.
You do not need separate Amazon Prime subscriptions for your Amazon and Twitch accounts but make sure you are logged in to both within the same web browser.
The easiest way for Amazon Prime subscribers to sign up for Twitch Prime is to go to the Amazon homepage and complete these steps:
- Click on “Accounts and Lists”.
- From your account’s homepage, click on the “Prime” button then scroll down to find the Twitch Prime listing.
- Click on “Learn More”.
- Click the “Connect your Twitch Account” button in the upper-right corner.
- Follow the shown instructions and click the purple “Confirm” button.
After that your Twitch and Amazon accounts will be linked, and you can start enjoying all the awesome Twitch Prime benefits.
Your accounts only need to be linked once, and the connection will work across other devices where you use Twitch such as on PlayStation or iPhone.
How to claim your free Twitch subscription?
While Twitch subscription tiers range from $4.99 to $24.99 a month, you can unlock a free subscription option through the Amazon/Twitch Prime program.
The free Twitch subscription is same as the $4.99 tier and functions the same way as it would if you paid for it. Thus, the streamer receives 50% of the total donation fee, around $2.50, and Twitch keeps the rest.
The free subscription is automatically given to Twitch Prime users as soon as their free trial ends and they begin paying the monthly fee. Once you start your paid Prime membership, do the following steps to redeem your free Twitch subscription:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the Twitch channel you want to subscribe to.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, or below the video to the right, click on the purple “Subscribe” button.
- A small box containing subscription options will appear. Click the “Subscribe Free” button to begin your free subscription for this channel.
When Twitch Prime members use their free channel subscription every month, the Twitch streamer gets paid just like any other subscription. We see this as a great new way to support the streamers you love, find new ones, or even just use it for crashing subscriber-only chat rooms!
How to switch from paid to free subscription?
Twitch users can switch from a paid subscription to their free subscription option without breaking their subscription streak on a channel by doing the following:
- Go to the subscriptions page on the Twitch website.
- To the far right of your chosen channel’s profile will be a purple button called payment info. Click on it.
- Click on “Don’t Renew” to cancel your subscription.
Your subscription will remain active for the remainder of the current subscription month but will cease working the day after the final day.
How to renew your free Twitch subscription?
Unlike paid subscriptions, the free Twitch subscription does not automatically renew. Free subscriptions must be renewed each month with these steps:
- Visit your chosen channel in a web browser.
- Manually re-subscribe every 30 days.
The process is identical to how you would subscribe to a Twitch channel for the first time.
How to cancel your free Twitch subscription?
To cancel your free Twitch subscription, you will need to wait for the end of the current 30-day subscription period.
After these 30 days are over, the subscription will expire and it can be used on any other Twitch channel which has subscriptions enabled.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you and has answered some of your questions. Let us know in the comments how your experience has been using Twitch Prime!
Also, visit the link below to find out how to make money from Twitch.